Monday, April 30, 2007

Killing the Healthy Kids Plan

Hello!

As you can tell by the name of this blog, my name is Mr. Butts, and I am working in Oregon to make sure the Healthy Kids Plan - which would make health care coverage possible for Oregon's uninsured children - does not pass the Oregon House of Representatives.

It's my job to make sure the Republican leadership holds firm and does not buckle on any future versions of the bill that may come up. Frankly, it hasn't been a tough sell. I have many friends here in Oregon. I don't like to brag, but minority leader Wayne Scott and I are closer than Paris and Nicole. In politics, as in life, it's all about relationships, and in the 2006 election I gave Rep. Scott 49,000 reasons to relate to me.

Also helpful have been the boys over at FreedomWorks/Citizens for a Sound Economy who have a surprising amount of influence in this state, possibly because the local Executive Director is the vice-chair of the Republican Party, Russ Walker. I've got to say that back in the day when the execs at Tobacco HQ came up with the brainstorm to set up phony grassroots groups to make it seem as if local voters opposed cigarette tax increases, I thought people would see right through it.

And after the truth leaked out, I was sure Freedomworks/Citizens for a Sound Economy would lose all credibility. But lucky for me, not in Oregon!

And of course, we can't forget our very good friend Kevin Mannix, who was Freedomwork's highest paid consultant in 2005, raking in more than $200,000. It's great to know he's got our back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amateur Sexchat

Live Fotzen

Amateure Privat Cams