Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Healthy Kids rears ugly head again

Hello!

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend! I know I did – since I like anything that smokes, BBQ-ing is a particular pleasure for me.

But maybe I should have been paying closer attention to Salem. I thought things were under control in Oregon – I thought we'd killed the Healthy Kids Plan last month when my Republican allies in the House voted down the bill.

But the plan to cover Oregon's 117,000 uninsured children by increasing the tax on me is apparently more alive and well than the Marlboro Man.

Today, in about an hour, the Oregon Senate will begin debate on a plan to send the Healthy Kids bill to a vote of the public! That's very bad news for me. I'll be watching this hearing closely. Keep checking back for live updates. Meanwhile, here's more on today's hearing.

No comments: